Netscout Systems, Inc. creates, develops, manufactures, markets, distributes, and supports a family of products that enable the performance and availability of critical business applications and services across complex, high-speed networks. The organization’s headquarters are situated at 310 Littleton Rd in Westford, Massachusetts. The Westford facility is made up of three stories of mixed-use area. The NuWave development team reviewed the survey data and offered two project initiatives to meet the demands of the facility, increase occupant comfort, and provide a more sustainable environment.
NuWave conducted an energy audit at the Westford location in order to check and analyze the current building systems, including lighting and mechanical equipment. The majority of the lighting at the Westford site is made up of outdated, inefficient technology. By upgrading to new, high efficiency LED lighting, the building will receive improved lighting while using 60 percent less lighting energy. This process involves upgrading the facility’s remaining non-LED lighting. NuWave has worked with National Grid to provide a unique financing option that allows the project to be implemented with no capital expenditure by leveraging the On Bill Repayment (OBR) Program.
- Interior LED Lighting Upgrades
- Exterior LED Lighting Upgrades
- NetScout will save approximately $112,000 in yearly energy and operational costs by implementing the new energy efficiency upgrades.
- Among other operational and energy system improvements, this facility achieved more consistent lighting color temperature and a considerable decrease in necessary lighting maintenance.
- The carbon footprint decrease is comparable to growing 11,533 tree seedlings over ten years.