Serta Simmons Bedding is North America’s premier sleep corporation and the largest producer, marketer, and supplier of mattresses. NuWave has teamed up with this manufacturer and have deployed turnkey LED lighting to achieve optimal energy efficiency and improve the safety of their manufacturing plants.
NuWave conducted an energy audit at the Serta Simmons plant in order to check and assess the current lighting system. The NuWave development team examined the survey data and proposed a solution to meet the facility’s requirements.
NuWave analyzed the current lighting equipment at the Serta Simmons facility and created an LED lighting improvement project that saves the company more over $170,000 per year. The project includes replacing the lighting in the manufacturing, warehouse, office, and exterior with modern, high-efficiency LED lighting. The project also includes a new networked lighting control system with sensors that provide occupancy sensing, daylight harvesting, and dimming functionality. The lighting retrofit and additional controls combine to reduce the building’s lighting electric use by 75% and total electric usage by over 30%.
- LED Upgrades
- Networked Lighting Controls
- A networked lighting control system that qualifies the project for the highest tier of incentives available through Eversource and provides an additional 26% energy savings
- The Avi-on system controls the lights in both the office and production spaces
- New system features include scheduling, fixture grouping, energy monitoring, and demand response
- The carbon footprint reduction is the equivalent of removing 154 passenger vehicles driven for one year