Lyons Group, located in Boston, is a diverse collection of imaginative food, beverage, and entertainment locations that have been developed and run over the past 35 years. Sonsie, located at 327 Newbury St. in the center of the Back Bay, is one of the Boston locations. Sonsie is the longest-running restaurant on Newbury Street, having been open for 24 years. Our professional team of energy efficiency engineers and LEED-accredited specialists did a precise examination and analysis of not just the building’s lighting and controls systems, but also the complex HVAC and mechanical systems.
ThE COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTION
NuWave conducted an energy audit at the Sonsie facility in order to check and assess the current lighting, mechanical systems and HVAC. After reviewing the survey results, the NuWave development team proposed a solution to meet the facility’s requirements. NuWave has worked with Eversource to provide a unique financing option that allows the project to be implemented with no capital expenditure by leveraging the On Bill Repayment (OBR) Program.
- High Efficiency EC Fan Motors
- Refrigeration Zone Controllers
- VFD’s with Temperature/Optical Sensors
- LED Lighting Upgrades
- HVAC Upgrades
- New Ducted VRF Units
- Networked Controls
- The new mechanical systems offer significant reduction in operating costs, streamlined processes and enhanced consumer and employee comfort.
- All of the new VRF units will be digitally operated and networked together to ensure the proper space temperatures and unoccupied setbacks.
- By upgrading to an LED lighting system, this facility has significantly reduced maintenance costs and has created an improved working environment.