Crotched Mountain is a fully approved PK-12 residential and day school located at 1 Verney Drive on an attractive 1,400-acre campus in Greenfield, New Hampshire. This residential care facility has been able to adapt to the demands of diverse groups, many of whom have unique problems and impairments, for almost 60 years. They are one of the most well-known non-profit organizations in New England. The NuWave development team examined the survey results and proposed project solutions to fulfill the facility’s demands, boost occupant comfort, and deliver a more sustainable environment.
NuWave Energy evaluated the current lighting at the Crotched Mountain School site and developed a proposal that would save over $94,000 in annual energy and operational costs. The proposed energy saving project includes new LED lighting, which would offer a brighter and safer working environment for the facilities students and employees. The upgrades are intended to qualify for the highest possible utility incentive of approximately $136,000. To achieve increased energy savings, the proposed upgrades were selected based on product cost, ease of installation, and warranty.
- Interior LED Lighting Upgrades
- LED Lighting upgrades were made to the interior facility spaces which will allow for additional energy savings.
- Lighting designs were created that will significantly increase the lighting level throughout the property.
- The NuWave team chose LED lighting solutions that maximized project energy savings and utility incentives while still delivering optimal facility lighting.
- The reduction in carbon footprint is equivalent to driving an average passenger vehicle 905,135 miles.