Riverdale Mills in Northbridge, Massachusetts, manufactures welded wire mesh textiles for use in the marine, security, construction, and agriculture sectors. This 391,000-square-foot production complex is located at 130 Riverdale Street in Northbridge, MA 01534. Riverdale is dedicated to ensuring sustainability in all aspects of the company’s operations. Its Green Initiatives Program ensures that the company’s manufacturing operations do not jeopardize environmental integrity. NuWave Energy Solutions has collaborated with this manufacturer to implement LED lighting to maximize energy savings and increase the safety of its production facilities.
NuWave Energy evaluated the current lighting at the Riverdale Mills site and developed a proposal that would save over $215,000 in annual energy and operational costs. The proposed energy saving project includes new LED lighting, which would offer a brighter and safer working environment for Riverdale’s 150 employees. The upgrades are intended to qualify for the highest possible utility incentive of approximately $200,000. To achieve increased energy savings, the proposed installation incorporates new occupancy sensors for all interior fixtures.
- LED Lighting Upgrades
- Networked Lighting Controls
- New Occupancy Sensors
- LED Lighting upgrades were made to the interior manufacturing spaces which will allow for additional energy savings.
- By upgrading to an LED lighting system, this company has significantly reduced maintenance costs and has created an improved working environment.
- Lighting controls for the new LED Interior light fixtures were installed on each fixture allowing for full occupancy sensor cover- age, daylight harvesting, and dimming capabilities.
- The reduction in carbon footprint is equivalent to eliminating 284 tons of waste recycled instead of landfilled.